VACATION BIBLE SCHOOL Ministry Information
Mission: For children ages 4-9, includes Scripture lessons, singing, and arts and crafts.
Talent: A desire to work with and share your faith with children. VIRTUS training is required.
Time: Planning sessions plus one week in the summer during the actual Bible School.
Ministry Leader: Carol Wallington, 440-988-2848 ext. 242, firstname.lastname@example.org;
Second Contact: Joanne Wagner, 330-219-6723, email@example.com
Vacation Bible School
THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HELPED OUT THIS YEAR.
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
Early every summer, St. Joseph & Nativity Parishes host a Vacation Bible School (VBS) for children going into kindergarten through fourth grade so that we might provide an experience of Jesus’ love and Christian community throughout the week. Adult and teenage volunteers are welcome and needed! NEW for 2018/2019 families from Sacred Heart in Oberlin will be joining us for this week of fun!
VBS 2019- keep an eye out for next year!!
We are getting ready for a busy week of Vacation Bible School, June 18-22, 2018. The VBS registration form is available click here. We have space for 100 campers. Check out the following VBS FAQs for parents.
SPLASH CANYON FAQS FOR PARENTS AND GUARDIANS – VBS 2018
* VBS registration is now open with 100 crew member spots available.
* Parishioners of St. Joseph Paris, Nativity of the BVM Parish and Sacred Heart Parish will receive priority registration.
* Crews consist of specific age groups of students entering grades Pre-K (aged 4)K-4in August 2018.
* A typical crew has a specific number of students in grade Pre-K and K group(s), a 1st and 2nd grade group(s), a 3rd and 4th grade group(s).
* Each crew of campers has at least one adult/teen leader. Teen Leaders are entering grades 9-12.
* Small groups of campers travel with a larger group during the day. We meet as one large group for our opening, snack, and closing.
* Refunds will only be available if someone on the waiting list takes your spot. This is due to the cost of preordering the many special crafts and gadgets that make SPLASH CANYON so much fun!
* SPLASH CANYON is a great way to meet new friends of all ages, we will do our best to accommodate your placement needs but know there are NO guarantees. Plus, we spend time together as a big group three times daily.
* Payment must accompany your registration, and your cancelled check will let you know that you have a VBS spot this year.
* We will be communicating with you exclusively via email. Please provide us with a reliable email address and check it often. Parent emails will be sent out mid-June with drop-off and pick-up procedures.
* The day begins promptly at 9:00am and ends at 12 noon please arrive between 8:45am and 8:50am. Parents are invited each day to join us at 11:45 in the MPR for our daily closing event.
* Adults who are interested in helping at SPLASH Canyon need to fill out the volunteer section on the back of the registration form. Please note that volunteers over the age of 18 must be VIRTUS trained and certified and be fingerprinted. Contact the Parish Office at St. Josephfor more information about becoming VIRTUS certified.
Our Youth Volunteer Service Application(coming soon for 2018), for kids and teens entering grade 7 through 12, will be available here by May 4th. Fill it out and return it to Carol Wallington in the Religious Education Office. More information will be coming soon – check back to this page often to see updates.